Wednesday, May 02, 2007

No Stump - No Flaws - No Savvy - So Vintage

Yesterday, while we were at the hospital, I asked the nurse about the umbilical stump, because it seemed to be loosening up, and there appeared to be a bit of goo underneath. The nurse looked at it and said that it looked fine, and that it would drop off soon.

Five minutes later, the stump and the plastic clip clattered to the floor.

Yesterday we also heard that my famous cousin Kage didn't win the Real Savvy Moms competition. Although she made it into the final five, she placed 4th in the vote totals. I was absolutely shocked, because I thought she had it in the bag.

Win or lose, she's still pretty famous

Today the people who are buying our house brought in a building inspector to look at the place (which was a condition of their offer). We left for the first hour to get groceries, but they were still going strong when we returned. Little Scott was howling something about how he needed something to drink, and that he wanted it right away, so we forced the inspection to move upstairs while R took care of him. They looked at our place for nearly 3 hours, and it doesn't sound like there were any problems, so the sale is going ahead very well.

They climbed around in the attic. Spooky.

Today R's mom dressed Scott in some vintage baby clothes that her sons wore more than 20 years ago. One of them looked like fuzzy lederhosen and had the funniest fuzzy collar, so I had to take a picture.

This makes me laugh every time I see it.

(Oh, they asked us if we wanted to keep the umbilical stump -- I said no.)

3 comments:

Kage said...

I still can't believe he's out....and please tell me how you got that photo up on the right? I am blogg-stupid

Anonymous said...

Seriously, that is the sweetest baby outfit I have ever seen, I only wish I could fit into it.

D said...

Kage,
I just went into the template and chose "add page element" and then "picture". Your current template should probably allow you to do the same.