Friday, May 11, 2007

Calgary Catan Commemorative Clothing

In honour of the great achievement that we made back in March for "The Highest Altitude Ever For A Game Of Settlers Of Catan Played In A Tourist Observation Deck", I have designed a commemorative t-shirt AND a wall clock.

I think the design turned out quite nicely.

The Calgary Tower and the Pengrowth Saddledome (formerly the Olympic Saddledome) feature as game pieces, symbolizing our significant accomplishment. The altitude of the observation deck (3,935 ft above sea level) is also noted. Now you know what I do in the middle of the night after I put Scott back to bed. It's no wonder I'm so tired all the time.

I really can't decide which I would like more: the shirt or the clock. Maybe both.

7 comments:

David and Cheryl said...

I'd prefer one of those ties that lights up or maybe plays some jingle. Those are so classy at Christmas, why not have some class year round?

Anonymous said...

I really like the clock. When will i get one. hehehe

D said...

Dave, perhaps it would be classy if I wore the clock around my neck on a big gold chain, a la Flavor Flave?

I think that trumps a jingle-tie, no matter what the season.

Anonymous said...

So if one loves Catan... The Calgary Tower... and wished he could have played; how would he go about purchasing one of these coveted shirts?

Marcus

D said...

CafePress.com is the company that manufactures and sells the shirts. I just provided the design. If you click on the link you can place an order there.

You will certainly be the only one in Utah County with such a shirt.

Grandma Walters said...

Hey, not only are you a record journal/book/future father nut, now, besides being an author you area a classy designer. Hey, I must have missed something, are you on PATERNITY leave or something, that you have such time for frivilous things??

D said...

Settlers of Catan is hardly frivolous... especially at 3,965 Feet Above Mean Sea Level.

(yes, I am on 8 weeks of paternity leave)