Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Belly Shots

Back in September, I joked that I would start taking pictures of my stomach every week to track the change, since R wasn't interested in taking pictures of her stomach. Maybe I really should have done it. Then I'd have a definite answer to a troubling question:

Am I really gaining sympathy weight?

It may have been the binge eating at Famous Dave's BBQ, the snacks, or the rain keeping me off my bike. Whatever the reason, I think I've been gaining weight the last few weeks. Not much, but enough to make me wonder. Nobody has said anything, so maybe it's just my imagination. You could probably count on someone saying something if it were true. People have been helpful in pointing out perceived changes in R's stomach.

Several people have made off-hand comments to R about the growing size of her tummy. This has not really thrilled her, because she was not supposed to be showing that early on. Sure, she's got a baby the size of a large lime inside her abdomen, but she doesn't think that has had that great an impact on her waistline. Since she doesn't think that she's changed much, any comment that people make she takes as a comment on her regular appearance.

Well, her waistline is supposed to expand, and mine isn't -- so I'm worried.

2 comments:

Eric said...

If you had been taking photos you could review the footage. :)

I'm sure you've seen this video. If not, look at what you're missing out on.

Anonymous said...

I always was showing by the third month--but I did tend to get a bit large and by the end of the pregnancy I could have been able to rent myself out as part of the Goodyear Blimp fleet. (Maybe it was because I had babies that seemed to think 9 months was not quite enough time to prepare for entry into the world.)