Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wrecking Ball

For those of you interested in Giant Children's Garage Sales:

A friend of mine went to the Garage Sale at the Sportsplex on Saturday. He said they got there 15 minutes early, but there were already 100 people waiting in line. Apparently, the vendors get access to the other booths for a full hour before the public, so a lot of the best deals were gone before they got in the door.

That makes me wonder if you wouldn't be better off trying to get in early as a vendor instead of waiting around for the $1 general admission. You could throw a few stained bibs on a card table and then go off shopping at the other booths. However, I found out that it costs $40 to register as a vendor, so it probably isn't worth it.

For those of you interested in wrecking balls:

R's stomach has grown to the point where it has become hazardous. She frequently turns around and misjudges distances, giving me a good smack. She got a pretty good scratch on her tummy a while ago because she bumped into something sharp-ish.

The tummy has not only expanded outwards. It has also started pressing on the bladder to the point where every sneeze sends R rushing to the bathroom. It's inconvenient, but it's also kind of funny.

7 comments:

Kage said...

I'm sure this is TMI, but since I am the queen of that...I don't care.

After 1 baby, I can never jump on a trampoline again, I haven't even attempted after the 2nd baby...I am sure it would be QUITE a mess.

Tell her to kegal.

Anonymous said...

TMI

Anonymous said...

I love the wrecking ball idea. I always got quite large with each of my babies. When I was expecting J, we went to a BYU basketball game. The noise of the crowd and the music from the band got him really excited and he was dancing around in the womb. I decided to go out and walk around a bit. We were sitting in the middle of the row. My stomach hit the heads of most of the people sitting in front of us as I tried to get out. I tried to miss them, but, as with R, I did not quite know where my stomach ended.

Erin Marie said...

Find someone who has a bunch of baby stuff they want to get rid of and split the registration cost with them. You get the best deals, and they get rid of stuff.

D said...

Hmm, good idea. I think I'll look into that.

Anonymous said...

Guess Racheell is carrying on the Wride tradition as I carried my babies low and back. You can start kegeling now, you don't have to wait. call me if you have any questions. Helen

Anonymous said...

Have you considered putting a cage around her tummy? Bring her here and she can hang by her heels on my "Backswing". That will put "thngs' back where they belong!
Hey, how come my "name" does not come up automatically any more and I have to type it in???