Monday, April 23, 2007

One Fortnight

WEEK
38
BabyCenter.com was down this evening, so the facts and figures are coming to you from BabyCenter.ca. The information is probably much the same, but with a lot more Metric. I suspect the Dot-C-A folks probably won't have the same issues with the Metric System that we saw with Babies Online back around Christmastime.

As suspected, BabyCenter.ca says that this week the baby should be about 6.8 to 7 pounds / 3 to 3.2 kilograms. According to them, the baby starts to get fatter as he waits for the big day to arrive. Lazy, I guess.

We haven't been lazing around -- no way. We've been up late every night getting our house ready to show. In fact, the first two showings were this evening. I got the calls this afternoon and I was a little freaked out because I knew that I'd ripped the front doorknob apart and still hadn't put it back together again. Everything was going fine until I discovered that the knob was set at 5-1/2 inches from the edge.

Your typical hardware store only sells door latches that are 5 inches or smaller. The doorknobs that I bought worked fine, but we spent most of the weekend without a latch. I got to the locksmith this afternoon and learned that I needed a whole different doorknob. That was fine, except that the Realtor had already put the lock box on the other doorknob. I got it all sorted out about an hour before the first showing.

Despite her advanced pregnant state, R has been working hard getting things organized around the house and in the garden. We can't tell if it's a direct consequence, but her hands and feet have suddenly started to swell a lot more. On Sunday she finally pulled her wedding ring off, just to be sure she doesn't have to cut it off later. Instead of being slightly loose, it had started making a noticeable indentation in her fingers. We figure it was a combination of the sudden warm weather, all the hard work, and being really pregnant.

The work in the garden has been pleasant and she's had the chance to enjoy the sunshine. I snapped a couple of photos of her on Sunday when she wasn't looking. Isn't she cute?

5 comments:

Linz said...

SUPER cute!

JwRiDe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JwRiDe said...

Doorknobs are the bane, man. Haven't had a good experience yet. Now I know why the term 'youre a doorknob' is so cutting. I will be more careful in its use. (note: i deleted my previous comment due to the number of times I used 'door-knob.' Even I found it offensive.

D said...

Thank you for your restraint, sir.

Anonymous said...

We accidentally installed our new front door handle so it will only open the door when pushed up instead of down. We have left it that way because little grandchildren have not figured out how to get it open (but then, some adults have had some problems too).

The swelling of hands and feet seems to be the bane of pregnancy. Add in warm weather and you have puffiness in all directions.